Your feet carry much of your weight throughout the day. Thus, it needs much attention like all other parts of the body, especially during pregnancy. That’s one good reason why you need to find the best shoes for pregnancy that can make your feet, as well as your whole body, comfortable whatever you may want to do or wherever you may want to go.
Treat your feet right
You may think that it’s just okay to wear anything that will make you feel comfortable and that you don’t really need to worry much about how your feet will look on them. However, if you find good fitting shoes that do not really complement what you are wearing, you may just end up feeling unhappy with the whole thing. That can make a very stressful day, specially if you have to wear the same outfit for a whole day. It gets even more challenging because of your condition.
What if you found the right design and look for your sole, but considered checking the quality of the material used in the making of the shoes not necessary? That could leave you loving your shoes but only for a while. All the effort, time, and money that you invested in finding that pair of shoes will soon be wasted and you will have to look for a new pair sooner than you planned.
Shoes are one of the best accessories for any outfit
Any good pair of shoes can be a good indicator of your fashion sense and style preference. It can also be a sour of a discomfort and pain. You may decide to settle for a pair with a more favorable appearance, even if it means that you will suffer from tired and sore feet every time you need to wear those shoes.
You need to consider the weight that your feet have to carry throughout your pregnancy. You should also think about how your feet may look and feel a few months after you have bought those shoes. Remember that expecting moms will experience swelling feet, so you will need to find a pair that will provide more room for your feet, yet hasn’t been too big that it will get cumbersome walking in them.
Your shoes should support a more comfortable pregnancy. Never compromise your health when choosing for the best shoes pregnancy.
As an expecting mother, you already have specific needs that are quite different when you were not yet having a baby. During pregnancy, you think of the best diet as well as the most appropriate supplements that you can take to make sure that you and your baby is provided what you need for a healthy pregnancy. However, many seldom really think about their feet. Have you thought of how many times you needed to look in the mirror to see if you need to retouch your make up? But do you do the same thing with your feet?
You may even think about how your feet may affect your health. Note that wearing uncomfortable shoes can create a negative effect on your personal well-being, body and even your health.
Consider why you should wear a comfortable pair of shoes:
- Wearing tightfitting shoes can cause blisters. Having a sore blister forming soles of your feet should make you think of the fit and style of your shoes. If you wear a pair that fits that natural shape of your feet, you won’t end up having a terrible blister after a few hours wearing those shoes.
- They start to get on your nerves. Stilettoes, pointy shoes, and all other shoes designed to enhance the look of the feet may look good on your feet. However, they may feel terrible with them on your feet. Some also complain of experiencing a shooting pain between the third and the fourth toe. This happens when the tissue surrounding the foot thickens as a result of frequent use of a tightfitting pair of shoes. The condition is known as Morton’s Neuroma. There are even cases when a surgery needs to be performed to get relief from such painful nerves.
- You will soon find corns on the soles of your feet. Wearing uncomfortable shoes will soon give way to the development of corns at the pressure point on your feet. These corns are quite painful. They may also require a treatment which can take several weeks to cure the corns on your feet.
- Your feet will soon be forced to protect itself. Tight-fitting creates so much pressure on the feet. As a result, your feet will develop calluses and bunions. They can be painful and quite unappealing. They also don’t just go away easily.
- Wearing a good-fitting pair of shoes can help maintain proper foot health, and can improve your body movement. Pressure caused by the weight of your growing bump as well as the ill-fitting shoes can affect the way you move. This happens as the parts of your body from the back down try to compensate for whatever pain or discomfort that you feel. As a result, your movement is affected.
Choose the right match for your feet
It is essential that you always remember the connection between your health and the shoes that you wear. With a special condition that you now have, you have more reasons to find the best-fitting shoes that will provide you a comfortable walk and movement any time you put them on. There is a wide variety of good quality footwear in the market and you will definitely find a good match for your feet without ever having to compromise your health.
Look for a pair that will let your feet to breathe but won’t be out of style. Find one that will also offer a good ankle support, and a pair that will be easier to your knees and your back. For a more comfortable fit, here are a few options: flat-soled sandals, loafers, and mock sneakers.
For more information on how to avoid foot pain during pregnancy, check out Dr. John Pritz’video here.